Lemon WaterMar 15, 2021
I had read all about it until the day I tried it and it worked like magic! I have never looked back. I am talking about Warm lemon water first thing in the morning. For those who know me, I struggle in my water intake. I do not take enough of what I am supposed to and so have looked for alternatives to getting water into my system. Kefir water my new favorite), lemon water, plain water, green tea you name it. I try… but I digress…
Taking lemon water first thing in the morning not only quenches your thirst but it nourishes your body with vitamins and minerals. Lemon water can also be considered the best natural energy booster. Here are some benefits. I’ll start with the one that make me a total believer.
- It’s a natural detoxifier. When you take about 16 oz. of warm lemon water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and wait for about 30-45 minutes before eating anything, your digestive system will be emptied. Naturally! How cool.
- Lemon water provides your body with electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium which hydrate your body.
- Lemon water is good for your joints, reduces pain in joints and muscles
- Lemon water cleanses the liver as the lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
- Lemon water helps fight off infections of the respiratory tract and sore throats
- Lemon water puts your body in an alkaline state. Free radial cells cannot thrive in an alkaline state.
- Drinking lemon water can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by up to 10%
- Lemon water helps brighten your skin. The vitamin C in lemon improves out skin by rejuvenating the body.
- Lemon water helps to dilute uric acid, which if it builds up can lead to gout and joint pain.
- Lemon water has been shown to help relive heart burn
- Lemon water helps dissolve gall stones, kidney stones, calcium deposits, and pancreatic stones.
- Lemon Water helps with weight loss. Due to its high state of alkalinity, studies show that people whose diets are higher in alkaline tend to lose more weight.
- Lemon contain pectin fiber which helps suppress hunger cravings.
For these reasons and more, drink up your lemon water.
Others have said drinking lemon water 1 hour before your meals will also help you in your weight loss journey. What I do know for a fact is, I naturally detoxify my body every time I drink warm lemon water on an empty stomach, I feel rejuvenated after a workout when I drink my lemon water and I definite see my skin being brighter when I take lemon water. If I can see and experience these benefits. I can only imagine what else is happening underneath my body after drinking my lemon water. Let’s drink up!
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.